As we should all know by now, a professional really can’t even hope to succeed in business today if they let the mere act of distance and traveling get in the way of their productivity. Right now, mobility is the name of the game – the more capable you are of working on the go, the more likely you are to get ahead of the competition. And, given the fact that technology has improved to the point of making mobile productivity more than a reality but an actual norm, you really have no excuse to not be mobile and productive at the same time.
Of course, what made this all possible are the invention and continuing innovation of mobile devices like smartphones and tablets, which are both connected to the Internet and the cloud. But, beyond that, we have the crowning glory of mobile technology: the apps. Without the applications that help you go about your business, you can’t use your smartphone or tablet to get any work done. And that is the crux of modern productivity.
Some Great Free Apps for Mobile Productivity
A fairly recent post on the RingCentral Small Business Blog shared a list of free Android applications that significantly contribute to the productivity of today’s professionals. While there is no overt explanation with regards to why the post focused on Android apps, one could easily assume that this has something to do with the fact that a lot of people have shown preference for this operating system on the strength of its flexibility (iOS is notoriously device-specific). That being said, the modern professional should at least have these free apps on his or her Android smartphone:
- Evernote – Makes note-taking much easier than it has ever been before by allowing you to jot down thoughts, photograph images, and save links during the working day and organize them however you wish. The best part is that you can access your notes through any device synched with your Evernote account.
- Box – Makes file storage and sharing more convenient by allowing you to save and manage important documents in the cloud. It also lets you access your files through any device that connects to your Box account.
- CamCard Lite – Makes contact tracking fun and easy by letting you take pictures of calling cards and automatically storing the relevant information in your contact list.
- My Work Clock – Makes schedule tracking billing easy for professionals who work on an hourly rate by letting you clock in the amount of time you’ve actually worked.
- RingCentral free app – Makes telecommunications far more flexible by allowing you to have control over your business phone system via your smartphone or tablet. Use it to make business calls (and have your business number displayed as the caller ID), fax documents, and check voicemail. Note: You need a paid account to use the service & app.
Author Bio: Leiden Johnson is a photographer by trade but loves all those geeky, tech stuff and the outdoors. If she’s not working or going out, you can see her in front of her computer either writing about anything or playing MMORPG’s which helps her to be more creative in her photoshoots.
Category: Personal Branding